OurFamilyPlace :: View topic - Favorite traditions

Main  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  User Groups
Profile  •  Members List  •  Private Messages
Arcade  •  Attachments  •  Buddy List  •  Ranks  •  Rules
Smilies List  •  Statistics  •  Staff  •  Favorites  •    •  Watched Topics

AOG Forum

Favorite traditions
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OurFamilyPlace Forum Index -> General Memories Printable Version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joshua

10.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Favorite traditions Reply with quote Scroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

Figure since the holiday forums are rolling now, we could all list some of our family favorite traditions or memories here. I enjoy News Years Eve with my wife we always make buna calda and rent movies,been doing that for a long time now. I think since the shindig at Alice's house that year. HMMMM wonder why I prefer staying home over that????
Rachael

28012.00 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

You know Josh....you get in trouble all the time on holidays. There is a reason why you aren't allowed to drink on Christmas any more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
joshua

10.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

I think I said happy holiday memories
vicki

20011.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

some of my best holiday memeries are of my kids were little. seeing their faces if they got something they really wanted under the tree, or trying to sneek presents under the tree before one woke up(then waking others). just being together as a family!

p.s. also the thanksgiving grandma d. tried to put the turkey in the bag...it fell right through lol lol

vicki

20011.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

my tradition is also watching CHRISTMAS STORY 20 times lol
Terri
Administrator
Administrator

30090.00 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

I used to love taking the kids to look at Christmas light.
Texas was the best. there was one block called acid lane. so many pretty lights it was appropriatly named.
Jeremy loved the red ones.
Also we always got a picture of the kids coming down the stairs and having that amazed wonderful look on their faces.

And there is always our trek around the Christmas Tree farm searching for the perfect tree. I'm like a kid in a candy store. I'll say oh that ones nice but let's keep on looking, we may find a better one and 2 hours later we end up with the one we saw in the first place. Oh my kids just love that
Shocked
I also have a fond memory of baking with Vicki one year and putting rum into everything we made, and Denis was putting on a pyro display by lighting the rum on fire in the frying pan.

and I always have to watch It's a Wonderful Life.
and of course all the old cartoons.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
vicki

20011.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

i liked the baking time too....i remember it well
joshua

10.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

I am looking foward to this year. It will be the first xmas in our own home.(sorry Mom) It will be nice to spend the day with the kids and wife without having to run around then drive for 6hours. I'll miss the cookies for breakfast though.LOL go figure.
vicki

20011.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

it's o.k. josh..i do understand. sometimes i'd like to stay home instead of running all over then back again to grandma p's for dinner. when you's were young we had to wait till her and donna and bruce came over.. i just wanted me and your dad to be there in the a.m. with you boys and girls.
Terri
Administrator
Administrator

30090.00 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

A tradition that just drove our kids crazy and still does is that I only let them open their stockings and then I make them wait while I make breakfast and we eat before the real presents get opened.
Twisted Evil

Rachael

28012.00 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

I was thinking about doing something like that Terri. I haven't run it by Josh yet, but I was thinking that maybe Santa will leave each boy one small toy present in their room. That way, they can open that and be happy with it until we decide to go downstairs to open the rest of the presents. This year, they'll think the gift in their room is the only thing they got. They won't know any better.
joshua

10.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

Wait just a minute! The tradition is boys stay upstairs until Dad has his first cup of coffee.(which seemed to take forever) I think he had a pot of coffee went to the bathroom then called us down. I can't wait to leave the kids at the top of the stairs begging to come down and saying not yet.
vicki

20011.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

lol we definetly had to have coffee before you boys "dug" in
merry christmas

joshua

10.75 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

Me and the boys didn't have enough leaves in our yard for us to jum in. So Dominc, Ben, and I went to John's(our neighbor) raked his leaves into bags and put them in our yard. Now that was fun.(Untli Ben started throwing rocks at us) The boys loved it though
Terri
Administrator
Administrator

30090.00 PlatinumBux

Items

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Go to Top of PageScroll Up to Previous postScroll Down to Next postGo to last Post of Page

Hell if its leaves you need I have plenty for everyone.
Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OurFamilyPlace Forum Index -> General Memories Printable Version All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Add To Favorites

Jump to: